Photographs may NOT be reproduced for any use whatsoever from the site.
Use of photographs is in violation of copyright. Professionals seeking permission to use a photograph for publications in TIFF
format should contact the curator of the
(firstname.lastname@example.org) Connecticut College 270 Mohegan Ave. New London, CT 06320 to discuss permission.
- Hawk Mountain PA, background image for site care of Wikipedia, creative commons.
- Photograph of Rachel Carson by Shirley A. Briggs © 1949.
- Photograph of Rachel Carson by Harris & Ewing Studio.
- Photograph of Rachel Carson at Woods Hole by Edwin Gray.
- Rachel Carson at her cottage in Maine, summer 1961, Photo by Bob Hines.
- Photographs courtesy of the The Lear/Carson Collection, The Linda Lear Center for Special Collections & Archives,
Connecticut College, New London, CT.
- All photographs and illustrations used here by permission of copyright holder.
Anyone may copy and use the written information on this site so long as credit is given to the author (Linda Lear)
and the website (www.rachelcarson.org).
- Opening quotes: Rachel Carson, "The Real World Around Us." 1954. from Lost Woods:
The Discovered Writing of Rachel Carson, edited by Linda Lear, Beacon Press
- Introduction by Linda Lear © 2015.
- Timeline by Linda Lear © 2015
- Web Biography of Rachel Carson by Linda Lear © 2000.
- All requests for permission to quote or to otherwise use Carson's words from any
source must be secured from Ms. Frances Collin, Trustee of the Estate of Rachel
Carson. She is the only person who can give permission. She can be contacted at
P.O. Box 33, Wayne, PA. 19087-9998.
- Pen and ink drawings by Howard Frech for Under the Sea-Wind by Rachel L.
Carson, Simon&Schuster © 1941.
- Line drawings by Louis and Lois Darling for Silent Spring by Rachel Carson.
Houghton Mifflin Co. Inc. © 1962.
- Line drawings by Bob Hines for Under the Sea-Wind by Rachel L. Carson,
TT Dutton © 1999.
Copyright © 1996 - 2015 RachelCarson.org
All Rights Reserved